Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Got to Eat the Mushrooms!

Last Friday, I wrote about my inaugural Eat Local First delivery which contained one pound of mixed mushrooms- Shiitake, Enoki, Woodear and Portobello.

Since mushrooms don't have a long shelf life, I've had mushrooms every night this week. As the sole mushroom eater in the house, I'm 1lb heavier, plus or minus a couple ounces for water loss and oil gain.

Portobellos sliced, brushed with Balsamic Vinaigrette, sprinkled with steak spice and baked at 350 for 10 minutes.

They really did taste firm and delicious... despite how terrible these look!

Mushroom and salami (from Sol Meato) pizza- large and mini size.

These are the woodears that I simply ripped up,

Madi's pizzas, made on her insistence that we use a cookie cutter- and sans mushroom.

The only thing missing here is a good white beer. And sunshine.

No comments: