Thursday, August 12, 2010
As I peaked about the veggie garden in the near dark, I whooped with delight. A mama sized cucumber hung there, begging to be devoured. And devoured her, we did.
This recipe I cut out from Edmonton foodie magazine, The Tomato and modified a little:
Hungarian Cucumber Salad
1. Pick/buy 3 fresh cucumber. Peel if you wish.
2. Slice cukes into very thin rounds.
3. Sprinkle liberally with salt and let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Squeeze liquid from cukes.
5. Toss cucumbers with thinly sliced red onion.
6. Spread out on serving tray and pour dressing, 1 part water to 2 parts white vinegar, to cover.
7. Sprinkle with paprika.