Want to get involved in building local food networks? Want to be part of the revitalization of Alberta Avenue? Do you have 10- 15 hours a week for paid work?
The deadline is April 15, 2011, so apply soon!
Market Manager Job Posting
The Alberta Avenue Farmer’s Market has been operating in the Alberta Avenue Community League for the past two years. Twenty to forty vendors participate in this weekly, year round market.
We are in need of a part-time market manager to work on a contract basis for 10 to 15 hours a week.
- Oversee market day from 4 to 9 pm Thursdays includes: set up, take down, volunteer management, and collection of fees.
- Recruit, support and retain vendors
- Oversee the marketing plan including advertising in multi-media and working with steering committee.
- Facilitate volunteer-led special events.
- Work with Steering committee to recruit and facilitate volunteers
- Budget oversight
- Administrative duties as required.
- Interest in and passion for accessible local food
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with boards
- Previous experience with Farmers’ market management would be an asset.
- Work in Alberta Avenue community is an asset.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 15, 2011.